UNLIMITED POSSIBILITIES AHEAD.
Position: Used-Car Reconditioning Specialist
Dealership: Porsche Centre Langley
We believe in doing good for our customers and for ourselves. Whether it’s launching the most anticipated model of the year or purchasing a vehicle for your next adventure, great people and relationships are at every turn with OpenRoad.
We are proud of our forward-thinking culture developed over 40 years of continuous improvement initiatives. OpenRoad is one of the largest and fastest growing automotive retail groups in the country (representing 20 automotive brands across 25 locations) with a shared vision to become the national automotive leader in customer experience. As one of Canada’s Best Employers and Best Managed Companies, we are looking for team players who are excited to continually learn, work hard, and take ownership of their role.
If you love the idea of joining an organization with unlimited possibilities to accelerate your career, then apply to OpenRoad and grow with us today!
A Career at OpenRoad Means You’ll Enjoy:
- Opportunity to work with a variety of OEM BRANDS including; Acura, Audi, BMW, Genesis, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen
- Amazing Incentives including but not limited to: Discounted Vehicle Purchasing Program, Boot Allowance, Computer Rebate Program, Employee Referral Program, Employer RRSP Matching
- Internal and external, training & development opportunities for skill-development and growth
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly and progressive work-culture with an emphasis on transparency, innovation, relationship and empowerment
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan, tailored around Associate wellness
- Recognition and Engagement Events!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive repair orders from dispatch tower/Service Advisor and perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts. Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Advise Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Inform dispatcher when job is started, finished, or interrupted. Be particularly attentive to repair orders on vehicles marked “RUSH” or “CUSTOMER WAITING”.
- Complete and maintain documentation of work performed.
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed.
- Supervise work of any Apprentice technicians as assigned to you by management.
- Attend factory-sponsored training classes. Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean.
- Keep shop area neat, clean and free of safety hazards.
- Comply with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Assist in creating quotes for additional work required.
- Keep up to date on online training as require
- Follow company safety policies and practices, and immediately, report any and all accidents to a Manager/Supervisor.
- This position will be expected to perform other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience in an independent facility that specializes in import vehicles would be an asset
- Must be a fully licensed Technician.
- Working knowledge of automotive equipment
- Possess strong diagnostic and problem solving skills in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction.
- A highly self-motivated and organized individual.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively work with other members of the Service Department team.
- Must be committed to consistently delivering high quality work.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license, and ability to provide drivers abstract for review.
Internal Candidates MUST apply by filling out the Internal Endorsement Form on the Intranet. Failure to complete the form will cause a delay in your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity. We stand behind the growth of our associates to help them achieve their vision and goals.
JOIN US AND GROW WITH US!
We thank all those that have applied. Only those considered for the position will be contacted.